FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS (F.A.Q.):
This section is intended for educational purposes only and not intended to evaluate or treat any condition. Call the office at 1-888-DRPIZZI for additional information.
HOW DO I KNOW IF I NEED SHORT-TERM OR LONG-TERM THERAPY?
One or two sessions may help if:
* You have a very specific problem, such as a new health diagnosis
* You wonder if your reaction to a particular situation is normal
* You have dealt successfully with life problems in the past
* You feel that your troubles could be addressed by a brief intervention
Longer-term therapy is a better bet if:
* You want to understand your patterns of behavior & how they developed
* You have had repeated difficulties with family & romantic relationships
* You would like to accomplish more, but consistently shoot yourself in the foot
* You are suicidal, psychotic, or suffer from a condition requiring medication
(From Psychology Today, March/April 2006)
WHAT IS IMAGO RELATIONSHIP THERAPY?
Dr. Pizzi has undertaken a serious & extensive clinical training program in order to further his skills as a psychologist & couple therapist by becoming certified as an IMAGO Relationship Therapist (www.imagotherapy.com). IMAGO Relationships International is based in New York City and was founded by Harville Hendrix, Ph.D. & his wife Helen LaKelly Hunt, authors of the 'Getting the Love You Want' & 'Keeping the Love You Find' books & workshops for couples and personal growth. You and your partner/spouse will have the opportunity to identify your relationship goals, learn about the therapy process, and will receive a complimentary copy of the book, 'Getting the Love You Want' by Harville Hendrix, Ph.D. Contact Dr. Pizzi if you are interested in exploring the idea of Relationship Therapy, or if you would like more information about the IMAGO method of increasing intimacy and communication.